Privacy Notice

The Data Protection Act 1998 to notify an individual of certain matters when it collects personal information about them. This is your notification of those matters.

What do I do?

I provide language services for people who do not speak English or Hungarian and for agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients.

I deliver the following services:

  • Pre-booked on-site interpreting
  • Translation services
  • Language teaching
  • Tour leading

What is considered 'personal information'?

Personal information is information or an opinion, whether correct or not, about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.

Personal information also includes sensitive personal information, which is defined in the Data Protection Act as information about an individual's racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, membership of professional or trade associations or trade unions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, political opinions, membership of political associations and health, genetic and biometric information.

When and how do I collect your personal information?

Generally, I collect personal information directly from you. I collect this information from you when you provide information to me on the telephone or over the internet. For example, you may contact me on the telephone or over the internet to make an enquiry, provide feedback, send me an email, make a booking or use my interpreting / translating / teaching / tour leading services.

I may also collect personal information from other organisations (including government agencies and contracted service providers) for the purpose of providing interpreting / translation services.

Why do I collect and use your personal information?

I collect your personal information where it is reasonably necessary and directly related to providing interpreting / translating services and processing related payments. I may also use your personal information for purposes related to quality assurance, security and integrity of my interpreting / translation services.

What types of personal information do I collect?

When you use my interpreting / translation / teaching / tour leading services, I may ask for information about your identity. This could include your name, address, phone number, date of birth, account number, policy number or other identification number.

The Data Protection Act places strict conditions on the collection of sensitive personal information. This includes the collection of biometric information. A recording of your voice is biometric information.

I only collect sensitive personal information from you with your consent. I will ask you to give your consent where the collection of your sensitive personal information is necessary or directly related to providing you with one of my services. You may choose not to give your consent; however, this may impact on my ability to provide my services to you.

I never disclose your personal information

How to access or correct your personal information or make a privacy complaint?

You can seek access to information about yourself in my records that I can provide you upon request.

You can ask me to amend the personal information I hold about you if you think that the information:

  • is incomplete, incorrect, out of date or misleading; and
  • has been, is being, or is available to be used for an administrative purpose; and
  • does not give rise to any questions of the person's identity.

The best way to access your personal information or to seek to amend or annotate a record depends on the circumstances.

For further information on how to do this or to make a complaint if you believe I have wrongly collected or handled your information, please contact me using the contact details below.

How to contact me

You can contact me by completing the online contact form